Brian P. O'ReillySpecial Counsel
Brian O’Reilly joined the Firm in 2002 and since that time has focused on real estate and corporate finance matters. He is active in a wide range of transactions, including fund-raising for private equity real estate funds as well as the investment activities of those funds; senior and mezzanine financing transactions for both lenders and borrowers; acquisitions and dispositions of all commercial property types, including hotels, office buildings, casinos and retail properties; joint ventures; international real estate transactions, particularly in Europe and Japan; and work-outs and restructurings of troubled loans.
Since 2015, Brian has been involved in several significant transactions, including:
- Acquisitions. Representing the buyers in connection with the acquisition of interests in: 1125 17th Street (Denver, CO); 4000 MacArthur Boulevard (Newport Beach, CA); the Chase Tower in Austin, TX; the Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino; the Elan Uptown apartment complex (Minneapolis, MN); the Transbay Parcel F development site (San Francisco, CA); the Times Square Crowne Plaza Hotel (NYC); and certain U.S. multifamily development sites.
- Dispositions. Representing the sellers in connection with the sales of interests in: a portfolio of properties located in India; 5th and Colorado (Austin, TX); the YETI headquarters in Austin, TX; 375 Hudson Street (NYC); and One Belleview Avenue (Denver, CO).
- Developments. Representing the sponsors or financial partners in the 110 University (a/k/a 12 East 12th Street) development, the development of the Transbay Parcel F development site and multifamily developments located in Seattle, WA, Austin, TX, Chapel Hill, NC and elsewhere.
- Borrower-Side Financings. Representing the borrower in the financings or refinancings of: MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ); the office and retail components of 731 Lexington Avenue (NYC); the retail property located at 697 Fifth Avenue and 2 East 55th Street (NYC); the Times Square Crowne Plaza Hotel (NYC); The Warner Building (Washington, D.C.); 770 Broadway (NYC); 350 Park Avenue (NYC); 85 Tenth Avenue (NYC); a portfolio of office buildings located in Rosslyn, VA; 1100 Lincoln Road (Miami, FL); 1125 17th Street (Denver, CO); 4000 MacArthur Boulevard (Newport Beach, CA); the Transbay Parcel F development site (San Francisco, CA); and the Merchandise Mart (Chicago, IL).
- Lender-Side Financings. Representing the lenders or other financing providers in connection with the construction financing of the Brickell Flatiron building (Miami, FL), the construction financing of the 706 Mission Street development project (San Francisco, CA) and the refinancing of a NYC hotel portfolio.