Brian D. GluecksteinPartner
Brian Glueckstein is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Group. His practice focuses on bankruptcy litigation and complex commercial litigation, as well as restructuring matters. Mr. Glueckstein has experience handling adversary proceedings, contested matters, and all aspects from filing through trial and appeal of both debtor and creditor representations in bankruptcy proceedings.
Mr. Glueckstein has experience representing clients in commercial litigation in both federal and state courts, as well as in regulatory investigations before federal and state agencies. He also has experience representing the special litigation committee of a board of directors conducting internal investigations.
Mr. Glueckstein was recently named a “Next Generation Lawyer” by The Legal 500 United States. He was also named to Benchmark Litigation’s “40 & Under Hot List” in 2018, a “Rising Star” by IFLR1000 and Law360, and to Turnarounds & Workouts list of outstanding young restructuring lawyers in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Garrett Motion Inc. and its subsidiaries in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- LSC Communications Inc. and its subsidiaries in their Chapter 11 proceedings
- White Star Petroleum LLC as lead debtors’ counsel to the E&P company in its Chapter 11 proceedings
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in strategically important distressed supply chain situations, including the global insolvency proceedings and restructuring of Takata Corporation
- FCA US LLC in multidistrict litigation relating to Takata airbags
- A former director of Sears in defending an adversary proceeding seeking billions of dollars for fraudulent transfer and breach of fiduciary duty claims
- FCA US LLC in its Canadian subsidiary’s acquisition of substantially all of the assets related to the Strathroy, Ontario operations of Vari-Form Inc. and related cross-border insolvency proceedings
- The official committee of unsecured creditors of Energy Future Holdings, the largest operating Chapter 11 case ever filed in Delaware
- Eastman Kodak Company in its Chapter 11 proceeding and global reorganization, including as debtor’s counsel in adversary proceedings and contested matters
- DISH Network Corporation and EchoStar Corporation in litigation with debtor LightSquared LP and creditors asserting billions of dollars in claims
- FCA US LLC in numerous litigations involving enforcement of the sale order approving the historic bankruptcy acquisition of Chrysler’s assets
- Primorsk International Shipping in its Chapter 11 cases and asset sale transactions
- Vornado Realty Trust as landlord in retailer Chapter 11 cases, including Forever 21, J Crew, and RTW Retailwinds
- JPMorgan Chase as creditor in the Global A&T Electronics Ltd. Chapter 11 proceedings
- JPMorgan Chase as creditor in the Residential Capital LLC Chapter 11 proceedings
- JPMorgan Chase in the Washington Mutual Inc. Chapter 11 proceeding and both adversary proceedings and federal district court litigation arising from JPMorgan Chase’s acquisition of the assets of Washington Mutual Bank
- New York State Department of Financial Services in proceedings related to the liquidation of the New York agencies of two international financial institutions
- An international client in litigation related to the dissolution of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities