Ben Weiner is a partner in Sullivan & Cromwell's Financial Services and Capital Markets groups. His practice involves bank regulatory matters, including capital, liquidity, stress testing and resolution planning, and a broad range of transactions, including registered and unregistered securities offerings, other capital markets transactions, and public and private mergers and acquisitions. He also advises corporate clients on ongoing public company matters, including disclosure and corporate governance.
Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Disclosure and Corporate Governance
- Bank of Montreal in connection with securities offerings and disclosure matters.
- Bank of New York Mellon in connection with debt and preferred stock offerings, other capital markets transactions and securities, disclosure and corporate governance matters.
- Cheniere Energy in connection with EIG’s investment relating to the Corpus Christi liquefaction project.
- Citizens Financial Group and Citizens Bank in connection with debt and preferred stock offerings, other capital markets transactions and disclosure matters.
- First Hawaiian in connection with securities and disclosure matters.
- Goldman Sachs in connection with securities, disclosure and corporate governance matters.
- KeyBank in connection with remarketing debt securities.
- Medallion Bank in connection with its initial public offering of preferred stock and disclosure matters.
- Wells Fargo in connection with securities and disclosure matters.
- Underwriters or the issuer in connection with offerings of debt securities by international financial institutions, including the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, Inter-American Development Bank and IDB Invest.
- Underwriters in connection with debt and preferred stock offerings by Associated Banc-Corp and Associated Bank.
- Underwriters in connection with debt and preferred stock offerings by Goldman Sachs.
- Underwriters in connection with debt and preferred stock offerings by M&T Bank Corporation and M&T Bank.
- Initial purchasers in connection with preferred stock offerings by Farm Credit System institutions, including CoBank and Capital Farm Credit.
- Underwriters and initial purchasers in connection with registered and unregistered debt and equity offerings by other companies.
- Investors in connection with debt private placements by National General Holdings Corp.
- Citizens Financial in its merger with Investors Bancorp.
- ACE Limited in its acquisition of The Chubb Corporation.
- Metro Bancorp in its sale to FNB.
- Ally Financial in the sale of its Canadian auto finance business to Royal Bank of Canada.
- Royal Bank of Canada in the sale of:
- Liberty Life Insurance Company to Athene Holding Ltd.
- RBC Bank USA and related assets to PNC.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in connection with its investment in Asurion.
- FCB Financial Holdings in its acquisition of Great Florida Bank.