Ben Weiner is a partner in Sullivan & Cromwell's Financial Services and Capital Markets groups. His practice involves bank regulatory matters, including capital, liquidity, stress testing and resolution planning, and a broad range of transactions, including registered and unregistered securities offerings, other capital markets transactions, and public and private mergers and acquisitions. He also advises corporate clients on ongoing public company matters, including disclosure and corporate governance.
Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Disclosure and Corporate Governance
- Bank of New York Mellon in connection with debt and preferred stock offerings, other capital markets transactions and securities, disclosure and corporate governance matters.
- Goldman Sachs in connection with securities, disclosure and corporate governance matters.
- Citizens Financial Group and Citizens Bank in connection with debt offerings and disclosure matters.
- Wells Fargo in connection with securities and disclosure matters.
- Underwriters in connection with debt and preferred stock offerings by Goldman Sachs.
- Underwriters in connection with debt and preferred stock offerings by M&T Bank Corporation and M&T Bank.
- Underwriters in connection with debt offerings by Fifth Third Bancorp and Fifth Third Bank.
- Underwriters and initial purchasers in connection with registered and unregistered debt and equity offerings by other companies.
- Investors in connection with debt private placements by National General Holdings Corp.
- Cheniere Energy in connection with EIG’s investment relating to the Corpus Christi liquefaction project.
- FCB Financial Holdings in its IPO.
- ACE Limited in its acquisition of The Chubb Corporation.
- Metro Bancorp in its sale to FNB.
- Ally Financial in the sale of its Canadian auto finance business to Royal Bank of Canada.
- Royal Bank of Canada in the sale of:
- Liberty Life Insurance Company to Athene Holding Ltd.
- RBC Bank USA and related assets to PNC.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in connection with its investment in Asurion.
- FCB Financial Holdings in its acquisition of Great Florida Bank.