Anca Mihaela ParaianSpecial Counsel
Anca Paraian is a special counsel in Sullivan & Cromwell’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. Ms. Paraian has a broad corporate and transactional practice spanning multiple industries, including energy, real estate, healthcare and life sciences, financial services and consumer and retail.
In addition to representing purchasers, sellers and financial advisers in public and private domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, Ms. Paraian advises clients on joint ventures, strategic alliances, spin-offs and other transactions involving special structures. She has also represented issuers and underwriters in public and private capital raising transactions.
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSTransactions in which Ms. Paraian has been involved include representations of:
- TerraForm Global in its $1.3 billion acquisition by Brookfield Asset Management and a related settlement of claims with parent SunEdison
- CPPIB in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Parkway
- Orix USA Corporation in connection with the formation of a new private equity investment fund and the acquisition of the fund’s first portfolio company
- Sprout Pharmaceuticals in its $1 billion acquisition by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
- Vornado Realty Trust in the spin-off to its stockholders of its shopping center business, Urban Edge Properties
- Lazard as financial adviser to Coca-Cola Enterprises in its combination with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke to form Coca-Cola European Partners
- CVS Caremark Corporation in its $2.1 billion acquisition of Coram
- Rhône Capital LLC in forming a consortium with Goldman Sachs to acquire service provider Neovia Logistics
- Rhône Capital LLC in its sale of Rexair Holdings to Jarden Corporation
- AXA in the sale of its private equity business, AXA Private Equity, to a consortium consisting of AXA PE management and employees and other institutional co-investors
- Cablevision Systems Corporation in its $1.6 billion sale of Bresnan Broadband Holdings to Charter Communications
- LNR Property and its ownership group, comprising affiliates of Aozora, Cerberus, iStar Financial, Oaktree and Vornado, in the $1.05 billion sale of LNR Property to Starwood
- Allianz in the sale of Allianz Alternative Asset Management to the Nexar Capital Group
- Crédit Agricole in its strategic alliance with Société Générale in order to combine their asset management operations in Europe, Asia and the U.S.
- AXA in its $11.3 billion acquisition of Winterthur
- ING Groep N.V. in connection with its €7.5 billion rights offering launched in November 2009