Amanda Flug DavidoffPartner
Amanda Davidoff is a partner in S&C’s Washington, D.C. office and is Deputy Managing Partner of the Firm’s Litigation Group. She represents clients in a wide range of civil litigation matters at both the trial and appellate level, with a focus on complex securities and antitrust class actions and derivative litigation. Amanda also represents clients in high-stakes government investigations.
- Represents Volkswagen and Audi in defending against multidistrict federal and state antitrust litigation alleging that defendants conspired for decades to unlawfully increase the prices of German luxury vehicles by agreeing to share commercially sensitive information and to reach unlawful agreements regarding technology, costs and suppliers.
- Defended Nomura Holding America Inc. and its affiliates in a four-week bench trial of a securities action brought by the Federal Housing Finance Agency concerning Freddie’s and Fannie’s purchase of RMBS before the financial crisis. Represents Nomura on appeal.
- Represents JPMorgan Chase and its affiliates in actions alleging monopolization and manipulation of the silver futures market in violation of federal antitrust and commodity exchange laws. In a consolidated multidistrict class action, obtained dismissal of all claims, and successfully defended judgment on appeal to the Second Circuit. In subsequent lawsuits filed by individual investors, secured dismissal of all claims after arguing the motions to dismiss, and continues to defend JPMorgan in renewed lawsuits.
- Represents BP in multidistrict class action litigation alleging Sherman Act, Commodity Exchange Act and state law claims relating to alleged overseas manipulation of Brent Crude Oil that allegedly harmed derivatives traders and owners of oil-producing land in the United States. In June 2017, the court dismissed in full the putative class actions, which are on appeal.
- Represents the underwriters of a 2016 bond offering by Under Armour in a securities class action arising out of alleged misstatements concerning the company's business, operations and prospects.
- Represents Sallie Mae Bank in a lawsuit by the Illinois Attorney General alleging violations of the state's Consumer Fraud Act in connection with student loan origination.
- Counsels clients on merger clearance matters.
- Represented Nomura Securities International in multidistrict class actions alleging manipulation of auctions for U.S. Treasuries and derivatives in violation of federal antitrust and commodity exchange laws.
- Represents ING in class action alleging manipulation of Singapore interest rate benchmarks in violation of federal antitrust law, RICO and state law.
- Represents First Horizon National Corporation and its affiliates in a broad range of securities and contract actions concerning RMBS and mortgage loans sold before the financial crisis.
- Represented BP p.l.c. in a consolidated securities fraud class action arising out of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon explosion and subsequent Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Secured denial of class certification for all but one month of the more than two-year class period for which plaintiffs sought certification and successfully defended that victory on appeal to the Fifth Circuit.
- Represented mutual fund trustees in three derivative and class actions in federal and Delaware court alleging RICO claims and breaches of fiduciary duty. Obtained dismissal of all claims in the three actions and successfully defended the decisions on appeal in the Second and Third Circuits and Delaware Supreme Court, including arguing the appeal to the Delaware Supreme Court.
- Benchmark Litigation – Recognized as a Top Litigator Under 40 (2017, 2018) and a Future Star (2016-2019); Named to the 40 & Under Hot List (2016, 2017, 2018)
- The Legal 500 United States – Recommended for Antitrust: Civil litigation/class actions (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Trending 40 – Named among Trending 40 Lawyers Under 40 (2015)
- DC Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2015-2016; 2019)