Alan J. FishmanAssociate
In capital markets and finance, Mr. Fishman has advised issuers, sponsors, lenders and underwriters on various capital markets, acquisition, leveraged and project finance transactions. In restructuring, Mr. Fishman has advised issuers, banks, shareholders and alternative asset managers on debt-for-equity swaps, out-of-court recapitalizations, Chapter 11 bankruptcy planning and various other distressed and special situations. In fund formation, Mr. Fishman has advised sponsors on structuring and launching European private funds and investors in private funds. In mergers and acquisitions, Mr. Fishman has advised private equity and strategic clients on the purchase and sale of various assets, joint ventures and other governance arrangements, including related disputes.
Before returning to New York in 2021, Mr. Fishman was resident in the Firm’s London office for six years.
- Better in its $6.9 billion pending business combination with Aurora Acquisition Corp.
- The revolving credit facility lenders and Barclays Bank PLC as lender and sole bookrunner to Cineworld Group plc during its restructuring which involved a $450 million priority senior secured rescue credit facility and second-out elevated term loan
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division and Rhône Capital in the recapitalization of Neovia Logistics Holdings Limited; and Rhône Capital in the acquisition, holding structure maintenance and sale of Ranpak
- Telia Company, the predominant Swedish telecommunications company on a significant number of critical matters including:
- the sale of its mobile telecommunication businesses in Azerbaijan (Azercell), Georgia (Geocell), Kazakhstan (Kcell) and Moldova (Moldcell), in separate transactions, for aggregate consideration of approximately $900 million;
- the sale of all of its common shares in Spotify Technology for aggregate consideration of approximately $272 million; and
- the sale of its 47% interest in Turkcell (the leading mobile telecommunication business in Turkey) to the Turkey Wealth Fund for aggregate consideration of approximately $530 million
- Tengizchevroil in its $5 billion follow-on expansion financed by unregistered bonds and corresponding co-loans