Law360 Names Sullivan & Cromwell a 2020 Law Firm of the YearDecember 1, 2020
Law360 has named Sullivan & Cromwell a Law Firm of the Year for the second year in a row for its strong showing in the publication’s annual Practice Group of the Year awards. These awards recognize top law firms for their work on deals or litigation that are notable for their size, complexity or significance. The Firm earned six 2020 Law360 Practice Groups of the Year awards in the fields of Compliance, Product Liability, Securities, Sports & Betting, Telecommunications and White Collar.
In the past year, our achievements have included:
- advising SoftBank in the $20 billion monetization of its interest in T-Mobile;
- curbing claims brought by the SEC over client Volkswagen’s securities offerings;
- winning a key ruling for JPMorgan Chase that syndicated loans are not subject to state securities laws;
- advising major banks in exploring the creation of anti-money laundering and “know your customer” industry utilities; and
- representing DraftKings in a three-way merger and IPO using a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
Joseph Shenker, the Firm’s Chair, said this recognition reflects the Firm’s strengths across many disciplines. “We are grateful that clients continue to turn to us for their most critical matters, whether they involve enforcement issues, court litigation or corporate deals. Against the challenges of the past year, we have pulled together to support our clients, as well as each other.”