Law360 2020 Practice Group of the Year: SecuritiesDecember 9, 2020
Sullivan & Cromwell’s Securities Litigation practice plays a prominent role in some of the highest profile securities litigation and investigations and enforcement matters for clients from across the globe. Clients trust us to resolve matters that pose a legal and financial threat to their businesses and reputations. S&C is uniquely qualified to take on these cases, having continually influenced the development of securities law through precedent-setting results.
Some recent achievements in securities litigation include:
- winning a major ruling for JPMorgan Chase that syndicated loans are not subject to New York state securities laws;
- curbing claims against Volkswagen brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission over the company’s bond offerings;
- helping Wells Fargo reach a settlement with the SEC of claims that it allegedly misled investors about certain business practices;
- winning the dismissal of a putative securities fraud class action against Ireland-based Adient in a case in which seven confidential witnesses alleged wrongdoing; and
- securing the complete dismissal of a post-Cyan securities case filed against AT&T in New York state court.
Recent Thought Leadership
Critical Insights Podcast
Jeff Scott and Julia Malkina review trends and emerging issues in private securities litigation.
SEC’s Division of Enforcement 2020 Annual Report Indicates Strong Enforcement Results Despite COVID-19 Challenges
To learn more about our Securities practice, contact Sharon Nelles and Robert Giuffra Jr.