The lawyers in our General Practice Group provide strategic advice and innovative solutions across a spectrum of practice areas to many of the world's most influential companies. In stable economies and volatile times alike, our cross-disciplinary teams drawn from 13 offices on four continents work closely with clients on complex matters that shape industries around the world.
Subscribe to receive memos on current issues and legal developments
- We represented Anheuser-Busch InBev in its $123 billion merger with SABMiller.
- We represented AT&T in its spin-off of WarnerMedia and its $108.7 billion acquisition of Time Warner, which was recognized as the “Most Outstanding Deal of the Year” by The Deal.
- We guided the Government of Belize in a “debt-for-nature” swap restructuring of all of its approximately $550 million of external commercial debt—an amount that represents 30 percent of the country’s GDP—becoming the first country in the Americas to complete a debt conversion that will fund ocean and marine life conservation. .
- We advised Canadian Pacific Railway in its $31 billion acquisition of Kansas City Southern, creating the first rail network connecting the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
- We helped DraftKings go public in the midst of the pandemic by using a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
- We helped SoftBank Group raise $20 billion by monetizing its stake in T-Mobile US.
- We advised SunTrust in its $66 billion merger-of-equals with BB&T, the biggest bank merger since 2004.
- We represented Tiffany & Co. in its $16 billion acquisition by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the largest deal in the luxury retail sector.