Why a Generalist Approach MattersThe lawyers in our General Practice Group provide strategic advice and innovative solutions across a spectrum of practice areas to many of the world's most influential companies. In stable economies and volatile times alike, our cross-disciplinary teams drawn from 13 offices on four continents work closely with clients on complex matters that shape industries around the world.
"One of the hallmarks of the General Practice Group is the ability of our lawyers to lead cutting-edge transactions across a wide variety of practices, in any industry, economic climate or geographic region.”
Co-Managing Partner, General Practice
A distinguishing feature of our General Practice Group is that our lawyers are generalists, trained in many facets of corporate law and organized into seven subgroups. Lawyers from our General Practice Group work together as one team across our preeminent M&A, Financial Services, Capital Markets, Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation, Finance and Restructuring, Intellectual Property, and Commercial Real Estate practices, providing advice to clients on their most significant transactions. Our generalist approach produces the most well-rounded, seasoned transactional lawyers who can tailor advice for clients on all aspects of their unique situations.
Subscribe to receive memos on current issues and legal developments
- We represented Anheuser-Busch InBev in its $123 billion merger with SABMiller.
- We represented AT&T in its $108.7 billion acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
- We guided California Resources Corporation, the state's largest energy company, through a consensual Chapter 11 restructuring.
- We helped DraftKings go public in the midst of the pandemic by using a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
- We helped SoftBank Group raise $20 billion by monetizing its stake in T-Mobile US.
- We advised on the top five bank M&A deals of 2019 by deal value, including SunTrust's $66 billion merger-of-equals with BB&T, the biggest bank merger since 2004.
Recent Client Highlights
- S&C Advises TS Innovation Acquisitions in SPAC Merger with Latch
- S&C Advises Deutsche Wohnen in Landmark €18 Billion Real Estate Merger
- S&C Advises Underwriters of Zhaoke Ophthalmology Spin-Off and IPO
- S&C Advises Better in $7.7 Billion SPAC Deal
- S&C Advises Goldman Sachs as Underwriter of Big Sky SPAC IPO
- Memo: 2021 Corporate Governance Trends — U.S. Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Article: Ari Blaut, Audra Cohen and Lindsey Meyer Co-author Lexis Practice Advisor Article on PIPEs
- Article: Matt Hurd and Lauren Boehmke Examine How the Pandemic Has Changed the Role of General Counsel
- Practice Guide: Frank Aquila Authors Introduction to Chambers Global Practice Guide: Corporate M&A 2021
Recent S&C Critical Insights Podcasts
- S&C Critical Insights – Hydrogen: An Overview of Current and Proposed Government Policies
- S&C Critical Insights – Key Considerations for M&A in Post-Brexit UK
- S&C Critical Insights – Industry and Regulatory Considerations for Healthcare Company Boards