First Horizon’s $13.4 Billion Deal with Toronto-Dominion BankMarch 29, 2022
Sullivan & Cromwell continues its dominance in bank M&A, advising First Horizon in its agreement to be acquired by Toronto-Dominion Bank for $13.4 billion in cash, the largest banking M&A deal announced this year to date.
As the First Horizon-TD Bank deal demonstrates, clients regularly turn to our Financial Services Group for their critical M&A deals. Last year S&C led all law firm advisers on announced bank M&A deals, measured by value. We advised on deals totaling more than $52 billion, representing two-thirds of the bank M&A deals announced in 2021.
In the ten biggest bank M&A deals of the past ten years, S&C has advised on nine of the ten.
Subscribe to stay current on financial services developments.
- FDIC Issues Request for Information on Bank Merger Transactions
- The Western Sanctions Response to Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine
- Federal LIBOR Transition Legislation
- Court Rules on FDIC Deadline for Bank Acquisition Reviews
- Federal Reserve Bank Account Access
- Rodge Cohen Discusses Bank Consolidation on Bank Director’s ‘Slant’ Podcast