Recent S&C estates and personal experience with family business transitions includes representations of:
- Pritzker family beneficiaries, in connection with their private equity investment arm Geolo Capital, parent company of Commune Hotels & Resorts, in Commune's merger with Destination Hotels and in the restructuring of their $25+ billion worldwide business empire, which includes interests in Global Hyatt, Marmon, TransUnion and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.
- Tisch and Mara families, owners of the New York Giants and the New York Football Giants, in the $1.6 billion joint venture with the New York Jets to develop a new football stadium and entertainment and retail complex in the Meadowlands, New Jersey.
- Heyman family and its business interests in connection with its $3.2 billion sale of ISP to Ashland as well as numerous acquisitions, dispositions, financings and other transactions involving its wholly-owned subsidiary Standard Industries, Inc. and other affiliated entities
- a director and Bancroft family member, in connection with News Corp.'s acquisition of Dow Jones for $5 billion. The Bancroft family controlled Dow Jones since 1902, primarily through family trusts.
- Frist family and HCA management, in the $31.6 billion sale of HCA (U.S.) to an investor group.
- McCourt family interests in connection with the $2.15 billion sale of the Los Angeles Dodgers MLB franchise, as well as the formation, restructuring and recapitalization of a real estate joint venture and other planning matters.
For more information on this area of S&C's practice please see the Estates and Personal Group page.