S&C Hosts Part II of Women in Law ConferenceNovember 4, 2014
On November 4, S&C hosted the second part of the “Women in Law: Opting Up, Not Out” conference. Led by S&C partners Ms. Nelles, Ms. Korry and Ms. High, the program discussed how, when and why women raise careers in the law to the next level, continuing a conversation that began with an event co-sponsored by Chambers in March of 2014.
Michele Coleman Mayes, Chair of the American Bar Association Commission on Women and Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of the New York Public Library, gave the keynote address, and Linda Bray Chanow, Executive Director of the Center for Women in Law at The University of Texas School of Law, presented a hypothetical for the audience to discuss. Ms. Nelles and Ms. Korry moderated a panel of speakers which included:
- Alison M. Gregory, President, QualiEssence
- Kim Koopersmith, Chairperson, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Hazel-Ann Mayers, Senior Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, Litigation & Chief Compliance Officer, CBS Corp.
- Jennifer L. Rochon, General Counsel, Girl Scouts of the USA
- Martha S. Samuelson, President and CEO, Analysis Group, Inc.
- Hon. Saliann Scarpulla, New York State Supreme Court Judge, Commercial Division