A Multidisciplinary Team for an Evolving IndustryS&C's Digital Assets Practice leverages the Firm's premier Financial Services and FinTech practices to advise a variety of industry members on their most significant blockchain, digital assets and currencies, and cryptocurrency-related legal and business issues. The multidisciplinary group consists of lawyers across several practice groups at the Firm who collaborate seamlessly to solve our clients most novel issues.
Our clients range from startups seeking to innovate beyond the “traditional” financial industry, to the most highly regulated financial institutions seeking to improve their products and services using new technology, to consumer businesses hoping to integrate innovative technologies into new and better product offerings. Our experience includes regulatory and compliance advice, M&A, capital markets and other transactional matters, development of the legal and contractual framework for new products, corporate structuring and governance guidance, investigations and enforcement matters (including those involving the Securities and Exchange Commission and state enforcement authorities), anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance, intellectual property, and tax structuring advice.
As projects touch upon various industries and capabilities, our practice group draws upon our colleagues, across the Firm's practice areas and global offices, to meet our clients' needs:
- Financial Services
- Intellectual Property & Technology Transactions
- Economic Sanctions and Financial Crime
- Capital Markets
- Litigation & Enforcement
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Recent Insights and Client Highlights
- Rodge Cohen Discusses Treasury Market, Private Credit and Cryptocurrencies on Bloomberg TV's 'Balance of Power'
- S&C Advises ConsenSys in Investment by Samsung Venture Investment Corporation
- FalconX Becomes First CFTC Registered Cryptocurrency Swap Dealer
- FDIC Requires Notification of Crypto-Related Activities
- Executive Order on Digital Assets
- S&C Advises BlockFi in Interest-bearing Crypto Account Launch and SEC Settlement