Cathy Clarkin Named “Best in Capital Markets: Equity” from Euromoney Americas Women in Business Law AwardsSeptember 25, 2020
S&C partner Cathy Clarkin has been named the “Best in Capital Markets: Equity” at the Americas Women in Business Law Awards by Euromoney Legal Media Group. The awards recognize women and firms “advancing diversity in the profession and the lawyers providing exemplary services and driving success for their practices.”
Cathy is a co-head of the Firm’s Capital Markets Group, and has extensive experience in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities by U.S. and non-U.S. issuers. The awards recognized Cathy for her work advising:
- BNP Paribas on fully exiting its stake in First Hawaiian, which began with representing First Hawaiian on its $557.7 million IPO and spinoff from BNP Paribas, followed by multiple sales of commons shares of First Hawaiian totaling more than $3.0 billion
- First Republic Bank on its $323 million IPO and its subsequent equity offerings totaling more than $4.0 billion, including an offering of common stock undertaken in connection with S&P’s announcement that First Republic would be included in the S&P 500 index starting January 2019.
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, clients have continued to turn to Cathy for help with major transactions, including advising:
- Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. in multiple offerings of notes totaling $9 billion and an offering of common stock totaling $920 million
- Ryder System in multiple offerings of notes totaling $800 million
- First Midwest Bancorp in multiple offerings of depositary shares representing preferred stock totaling $230.5 million
- The underwriters for Goldman Sachs in multiple offerings of notes totaling $6 billion.
Formed over a decade ago, S&C’s Women’s Initiative Committee (WIC) supports the Firm’s efforts to recruit, retain and advance our women lawyers. Comprising roughly 40 women lawyers practicing at all seniority levels in S&C offices around the world, the WIC provides professional development, networking and mentoring opportunities through both formal and informal programming and social events.