Exceptional Knowledge of Capital MarketsA perennial market leader, S&C's Capital Markets Group remains at the forefront of this ever-evolving field. Whether a client is looking to raise equity, issue debt, construct a hybrid offering or conduct an IPO, our depth of experience and understanding of our client's business objectives enable us to develop optimal strategies at each step of the transaction. Drawing on the talents of our global, multidisciplinary team, we are adept at handling complex securities offerings across industries and geographic regions.
S&C has played a formative role in the development of the global capital markets, with experience that stretches back to the preparation of the first major registration statement under the Securities Act. Also, in recent years, our Capital Markets lawyers have counseled clients on corporate governance and evolving disclosure matters, such as ESG-related disclosure issues, and have counseled corporates and sovereign entities on novel capital markets transactions, including sustainability, social and green bond offerings.
We have extensive experience advising issuers, underwriters, selling shareholders and others on all capital markets transactions and products, including:
- IPOs and Other Equity: S&C is a leading Firm for IPOs, having worked on more than 700 IPOs globally, including six of the 10 largest of all time. We advise on all types of equity transactions, from follow-on and secondary offerings to equity-linked securities and equity derivatives.
- Debt: S&C is the #1 ranked law firm representing issuers in global bonds from 2015-2020, with more than $600 billion in transaction value (Bloomberg). We advise on investment grade, high-yield, medium-term notes, sovereign debt and sustainability, social and green bond offerings.
- Corporate Governance and Disclosure: We regularly counsel clients on evolving corporate governance and disclosure matters and the impact ESG considerations may have on their businesses and stakeholder relationships. Our experience includes advising on the use of frameworks; changes in rules and enforcement activity relating to governance, cybersecurity, climate and human capital; preparing for and responding to shareholder proposals; and the development of new disclosure.
- SPACs: As SPACs have become a commonly-used tool for capital formation and deployment, and have faced increasing regulatory and market scrutiny, S&C has remained at the forefront. We offer insight on the careful planning required to drive each step of the life of a SPAC or a company seeking to go public through a de-SPAC transaction to a successful completion.
- PIPEs: S&C advises investors, issuers and placement agents on the entire range of financial products, including common stock, convertible preferred stock, convertible debt and warrants.
Read more about our leading Corporate Governance, SPAC and ESG practices.
Notable Client Highlights
- S&C Advises Royal Bank of Canada on Second Green Bond Offering
- S&C Advises Lakestar SPAC in Business Combination with HomeToGo
- S&C Advises Underwriters in Kindstar Globalgene IPO on Hong Kong Exchange
- SEC Chair Gensler Highlights Upcoming Requirements for Security-Based Swap Dealers and Major Security-Based Swap Participants: SEC Chair Gary Gensler's Remarks Before ABA Committee Remind Market Participants of Upcoming Regulatory Changes for Security-Based Swap Dealers and Major Security-Based Swap Participants
- SEC Investor Advisory Subcommittees' Recommendations Regarding SPACs: Investor Advisory Subcommittees Publish Draft Recommendations Addressing SPAC Disclosure Concerns; Recommend Further SEC Analysis
- SEC Sanctions Firms in Three Actions for Deficient Cybersecurity Controls: Actions Illustrate SEC's Heightened Focus on Cybersecurity Controls and Disclosure Controls and Procedures in the Cybersecurity Context