Sullivan & Cromwell advises clients on the most significant matters across Australia and New Zealand. Recent highlights include representations of:
- BHP Billiton, in its a Rule 144A /Regulation S offering of $1 billion of 6.250% subordinated non-call 5 fixed rate reset notes due 2075 and $2.25 billion of 6.750% subordinated non-call 10 fixed rate reset notes due 2075.
- APA Group, in its $1.4 billion senior guaranteed notes pursuant to Rule 144A/Reg S.
- Telstra, in its $1 billion senior notes offering pursuant to Rule 144A/Reg. S.
- Woodside Petroleum Limited, in its $1 billion senior notes offering, pursuant to Rule 144A/Reg. S.
- AquaSure Finance Pty Ltd., in its $570 million senior notes offering pursuant to Section 4(a)(2).
- Costa Group Holdings Limited, in its $406 million IPO and Australian listing pursuant to Rule 144A/Reg. S.
- BNZ International Funding Ltd, in its $750 million senior notes offering pursuant to Rule 144A/Reg. S.
- CIMIC Group Ltd. (formerly Leighton Holdings Ltd.), in its tender offer for any and all outstanding $500 million 5.95% guaranteed senior notes.
- Goldman Sachs, as financial adviser to MMG, in connection with the $5.85 billion acquisition of the Las Bambas copper project (Peru) by an MMG-led consortium from Glencore Xstrata (Switzerland).
This was awarded “Energy & Resources Deal of the Year” by Asian Legal Business and “Cross-Border Deal of the Year” by Latin Finance.
- the underwriters to Macquarie Group Ltd., in its $1 billion senior notes offering and in its $750 million medium term notes offering pursuant to Rule 144A/Reg. S.
- the underwriters to MYOB Group Ltd, in its $700 million unregistered IPO and Australian listing, pursuant to Rule 144A/Reg. S.
- Incitec Pivot Limited, in its new $400 million U.S. syndicated facility agreement and refinanced its existing A$568 million and $553 million Australian syndicated facility agreement, each of which is guaranteed by Incitec Pivot Limited and certain of its other subsidiaries.
- Orora Ltd., in its $250 million guaranteed senior notes offering pursuant to Section 4(a)(2).
- Orica, in the $654 million sale of its chemical business to Blackstone.
- National Australia Bank, in the establishment of a $20 billion covered bond program, in its $2 billion senior notes offering, in its $1.25 billion senior notes offering and in its $4.4 billion follow-on rights offering.
- Fortescue Metals Group, in its $2 billion high-yield notes offering in 2012, in its refinancing and maturity extension of its $5 billion senior secured credit facility in 2013, and in its $2.3 billion high yield senior notes offering in 2015.
- BHP Billiton, in its $15.1 billion acquisition of Petrohawk Energy in 2011 and in its $5 billion SEC-registered guaranteed senior notes offering in 2013.
- The Petrohawk acquisition was the largest completed M&A deal by an Australian acquiror since 2008.