Webinar: Financing and Investing in Hydrogen ProjectsOctober 19, 2021
The hydrogen market is at an early stage in its development, but has significant momentum and potential, including opportunities for first-of-kind project financings, joint ventures and M&A requiring innovation. A zero-emission fuel, hydrogen has the potential to decarbonise sectors with few green energy alternatives.
Our webinar addresses:
- Hydrogen market overview
- A changing policy environment
- Financing hydrogen projects
- M&A and joint ventures for hydrogen projects
- Case study – Intercontinental Energy Limited
Jamieson J. Logie – The head of S&C’s Asia-Pacific Projects Practice, Jamie Logie focuses on projects work and has significant experience acting for developers, borrowers and lenders in projects in various industries, including the energy/oil and gas, mining and metals, power (including renewables) and infrastructure sectors. Jamie has more than 30 years of experience in international legal practice, all focused on project, asset and other finance and development work, including M&A and joint ventures, acquisition finance and restructurings. He is currently advising Intercontinental Energy Limited, a leading developer of green hydrogen projects globally.
Jonathon Hannah – Jonathon Hannah is Special Counsel in Sullivan & Cromwell’s Hong Kong office specialising in project development and finance. His experience spans energy, natural resources and infrastructure projects in a wide variety of jurisdictions. Jonathon has represented developers, sponsors, banks and ECAs in relation to some of the most complex and high-profile projects globally. His work is often on complicated transactions, with tight time frames and significant local and national political sensitivity. He is a frequent writer and speaker on hydrogen developments.
Recent Clean Energy Transition Related Insights
- Hydrogen—Investment Structuring Considerations
- Hydrogen—An Overview of Current and Proposed Government Policies
- Project Finance and the Belt and Road Initiative: China Three Gorges
- Renewables Update—Key Considerations for Renewables Transactions: Renewables M&A Series
– Part 3
- Renewables and Hydrogen Update—U.S. Market and Regulatory Developments – Part 2
- Renewables Update—Current Market Overview and European Developments – Part 1
- Hydrogen—Recent Developments in Hydrogen Projects: Hydrogen Series – Part 2
- Hydrogen—Fuel of the Future or Just Hot Air?: Hydrogen Series – Part 1