Selected Sullivan & Cromwell infrastructure matters dealing with the leisure sector include:
- Meadowlands Sports Complex (New Jersey), on which S&C advised the Mara and Tisch families, owners of the New York Giants National Football League franchise, in a series of transactions that paved the way for the construction of their $1.6 billion joint venture stadium development project together with the Johnson family, the owners of the New York Jets National Football League franchise.
The project is the first 100 percent privately financed stadium of its size and scope, with the largest total initial borrowings ever in the sports industry. The transactions were awarded North American “Leisure Deal of the Year” by Project Finance.
- Euro Disneyland, in which S&C advised Disney and Euro Disneyland (EDL) with respect to the organization of the project, which included two theme parks and numerous hotels, restaurants, shops, convention facilities and outdoor recreation facilities, as well as a campground, regional shopping center, offices and a multipurpose corporate park and single and multiple-family dwellings, and first phase of the financing. The EDL project benefitted from the support of the French government. This support included the extension of the Paris commuter railway to the EDL site, access to the TGV high-speed train at the EDL site, the construction of new motorway interchanges and various secondary roads, the creation of a new French public development authority to transfer land to EDL and the provision of loans on special terms.
Other recent S&C infrastructure matters include:
- Morgan Stanley’s and other initial purchasers’ $530.8 million senior secured notes offering and Credit Agricole’s and other lenders’ $500 million senior secured credit facility, each in connection with KKR’s acquisition and leaseback of certain PEMEX oil and gas infrastructure assets. Recognized as LatinFinance 2016 Private Equity Deal of the Year and IJGlobal 2016 Latin America M&A Deal of the Year.
- West Street Infrastructure Partners, as a member of a consortium with Antin, in its $750 million acquisition of CityFibre Infrastructure Holdings.
- Tillman Infrastructure LLC in a credit facility used to fund the construction of new telecommunications towers in the U.S., named “North American Telecoms Deal of the Year” by IJGlobal 2018.
- Central Parking’s merger with KCPC Holdings, a company formed by affiliates of Kohlberg & Company, Lubert-Adler, and Chrysalis Capital Partners, in which S&C advised Lubert-Adler and Chrysalis Capital Partners.
- Central Parking’s $348 million sale to Standard Parking, in which S&C represented Versa Capital Management.
- Chicago Downtown Public Parking System, in which S&C represented a a potential bidder for the concession.