S&C Advises OpenAI in its Partnership with Microsoft February 1, 2023 Read More
A unique business environment thrives in Silicon Valley. At the same time, technology companies stand at an inflection point, facing the potential for increased government regulation of Big Tech and emerging technologies, growing cybersecurity and data privacy concerns, and constant pressure from new disruptors.
Silicon Valley: Advisers for Defining Moments
Since Sullivan & Cromwell opened its Palo Alto office in 2000, we have integrated our leading worldwide practices in M&A, Antitrust, Intellectual Property, Capital Markets, Litigation, Corporate Governance, Tax, Fintech, Cybersecurity and Criminal Defense & Investigations into our work for clients here. Across decades we have advised on some of the most prominent transactions and litigation in the worlds of Technology, Media and Telecommunications.
We view ourselves first and foremost as business lawyers, assembling multi-disciplinary teams to help each client reach their strategic objectives. We work with our clients to find new ways to keep ahead of rapid developments and to navigate their businesses smoothly through continued change.
- Sarah Payne, John Savva and Melissa Sawyer on Preparing Companies for Universal Proxies
- Sarah Payne and John Savva on non-GAAP financial measures
- Davis Wang, Bachir Karam, Sarah Payne and Matt Goodman on tax and estate planning
- Sarah Payne and John Savva on managing cheap stock in an IPO
- Sarah Payne and Cathy Clarkin on Rule 10b-51 trading plans
- Sarah Payne and John Savva on refreshing the director onboarding process
- Supreme Court Business Review: United States v. Anthrex; Minerva Surgical v. Hologic and Google v. Oracle
Sarah Payne is managing partner of Sullivan & Cromwell’s Palo Alto office and is co-head of the Capital Markets Group and Technology M&A and Finance Group. Sarah has a broad-based corporate practice, focusing on public and private securities offerings, M&A transactions and investments in venture capital funds.