Laura Oswell is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Group and a co-head of the Firm’s FCPA and Anti-Corruption Group. Ms. Oswell represents companies and individuals in a wide variety of matters, including transaction-related, securities class, derivative, commercial, contract, product liability, antitrust and employment disputes. She also represents companies and individuals in matters before the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Within the past six years, Ms. Oswell has tried three cases to verdict, achieving wins for all clients.
Ms. Oswell recently co-led the team at S&C that partnered with Stanford Law School to launch the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Clearinghouse, a public database that aggregates and curates source documents and provides analytic tools related to enforcement of the FCPA since its enactment.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- “Navigating through a shifting regulatory landscape through the lens of crypto,” TechGC DeputyGC Fireside Dinner, July 13, 2022
- “Corruption, FCPA, and Globalization,” Stanford Directors’ College, June 26, 2017 (Panelist)
- “International Corruption Enforcement: Recent Developments, Trends and Strategies,” All Hands Meeting, November 16, 2016 (Panelist)
- “Third Parties in Merger Challenges,” GC Agenda (Antitrust section), April 2016 (Interviewee)
- “Meeting clients’ expectations in the era of long arm regulation,” IBA Group Members’ Women’s Leadership Summit, February 26, 2016 (Panelist)