Mr. Sullivan is an active member of the Firm's Commodities, Futures and Derivatives Group. He has assisted in the creation and operation of triple-A rated derivative products companies for:
- Bear Stearns;
- Morgan Stanley; and
Mr. Sullivan regularly represents dealers and end users in connection with structuring and documenting a wide variety of swaps and other derivatives, including equity, credit default and commodity swaps, options and forwards.
Mr. Sullivan is a member of the Firm's Structured Finance Group and Commercial Lending Group. In that capacity, he:
- regularly represents lenders and borrowers in club and syndicated lending transactions, including secured financings and financings with complex intercreditor issues and covenant packages;
- has represented lessees, equity investors and lenders in connection with leveraged leases of aircraft, power generation facilities, equipment and satellite transponders; and
- has represented lenders in numerous financings in Latin America, including advice to Corporación Andina de Fomento in connection with the establishment and update of its A/B loan program.
Mr. Sullivan also is a member of the Firm's Project Finance Group. He has represented:
- the senior lenders in the Malhas (US$ 1.0 billion, signed in 2003) and Cabiúnas (US$ 850 million, signed in 2000 and refinancing signed in 2006) gas projects in Brazil;
- Iridium in connection with the debt financing of its satellite-based telecommunication services; and
- GS in creation of a joint venture with US Geothermal to develop and operate the Raft River geothermal power generation facility.