S&C was ranked as one of Asia’s Top 15 ESG Law Firms in 2023 by Asian Legal Business. ALB’s inaugural list highlights law firms that are playing a vital role in ensuring companies can effectively integrate ESG considerations into their decision-making processes.
Some of S&C’s ESG-related achievements include advising:
- XPeng Inc., one of China’s leading smart electric vehicle producers, as it raised more than $2 billion through a dual-primary listing consisting of an international offering registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and a public offering on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- Australia's BHP Group Limited in its transaction combining its oil and gas portfolio with Australian oil and gas company, Woodside Energy Group Limited, creating an entity valued at $28 billion. The divestiture allows BHP to take a major step to weight its portfolio more towards commodities with a decarbonization upside.
- Taiwan Cement Corporation in its acquisition of 60.48% stake in Engie Eps SA, an Italy-based and Euronext Paris-listed French company in energy storage systems, industrial solutions and eMobility industry, and the mandatory tender offer for all the outstanding issued share capital of Engie Eps SA.
- InterContinental Energy Holdings Group Limited in its share subscription by GIC, the sovereign wealth fund of the Government of Singapore. ICE delivers green hydrogen at scale to accelerate the energy transition with a portfolio of large-scale renewable projects in Australia and the Middle East.
- Gogoro in its partnership with DCJ and Yadea, China’s leading two-wheel vehicle makers, to deploy a new electric refueling system in China using Gogoro’s battery swapping platform.