Fabio Weinberg Crocco was named to the 2022 Class of the American Bankruptcy Institute’s 40 Under 40 Program, which highlights professionals from across the insolvency community. Winners were selected from more than 200 nominees.
Fabio’s practice focuses on corporate and sovereign restructurings, special situations and the resolution of related disputes. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the International Insolvency Institute’s (III) NextGen Program, the vice-chair of the International Bar Association’s (IBA) Reorganization & Workout sub-committee, and a member of S&C’s Network of Black & Latinx Lawyers.
Fabio has represented:
- Belize in its innovative “Blue Bond” debt-for-nature restructuring (IFLR Deal of the Year);
- BHP Brasil, a 50 percent shareholder and one of the largest creditors, in Samarco’s reorganization, one of the largest in Brazil’s history;
- the Interim Government of Venezuela on restructuring matters, including developing a mechanism to pay healthcare workers during the pandemic (Financial Times finalist for the Innovation in Recovery Deal of the Year);
- Minera Los Pelambres (MLP) in connection with Alto Maipo’s Chapter 11 proceeding;
- GK Holdings, Inc. in a comprehensive out-of-court debt restructuring and a merger with a subsidiary of Churchill Capital Corp II;
- Members of a group of creditors and equity investors in the $3 billion pre-packaged Chapter 11 restructuring of Acosta;
- Alperton in Constellation’s reorganization (Latin Lawyer and IFRL Deal of the Year); and
- Alitalia and Atlantic International Bank Limited in their Chapter 15 case and numerous other bankruptcy proceedings.
Fabio will be honored at an awards ceremony during the 2022 Winter Leadership Conference in early December.