S&C’s M&A Financial Advisory Practice led all law firms in global financial advisory M&A transactions in the first half of 2022, advising on $248 billion of announced deals. Since 2017, S&C has counseled financial advisers on more than 250 M&A transactions totaling $1.3 trillion in deal value.
The Firm advised Barclays, BofA Securities, Duff & Phelps, Evercore, Goldman Sachs, Houlihan Lokey, J.P. Morgan, Lazard and Rothschild in their capacity as financial advisers in, among others, the following announced M&A matters during the first half of 2022:
- VMware in its $61 billion pending acquisition by Broadcom
- HDFC Limited in its $60 billion pending merger with HDFC Bank
- Firmenich in its pending business combination with DSM, reflecting a market capitalization for DSM of €25.3 billion
- Zynga in its $12.7 billion acquisition by Take-Two Interactive
- Anaplan in its $10.7 billion acquisition by Thoma Bravo
- Zendesk in its $10.2 billion pending acquisition by an investor group led by Permira and Hellman & Friedman
- Mindtree in its $7.5 billion pending combination with Larsen & Toubro Infotech
- PotlatchDeltic in its pending combination with CatchMark Timber Trust to create a company with a total enterprise value of more than $5 billion
- ManTech International in its $4.2 billion pending acquisition by funds managed by Carlyle
- Bungie in its $3.6 billion acquisition by Sony Interactive Entertainment
- HP Inc. in its $3.3 billion pending acquisition of Poly
- Chardan NexTech Acquisition 2 Corp. in its $500 million pending combination with Dragonfly Energy that will result in Dragonfly becoming a publicly listed company
- Spirit Airlines in the Spirit board's evaluation of the updated proposal from JetBlue Airways to acquire Spirit
S&C partners involved in these matters include Stephen Kotran, Keith Pagnani, Alison Ressler, George Sampas, John Savva, Melissa Sawyer and York Schnorbus.