Benefits for Lawyers in U.S. Offices
The Firm offers a comprehensive range of benefits. The insurance and related benefits described below pertain to lawyers in our U.S. offices.
Medical and Dental Plans:
Two medical plans (one non-contributory) and a contributory dental plan with immediate eligibility for lawyer and eligible dependents.
Associates’ Savings Plan:
- Health Care Reimbursement Plan – Lawyers may set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible expenses.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan – Lawyers may set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible expenses.
- Transportation Fringe Benefits Plan (NY & DC)
Lawyers may contribute pre-tax and post-tax dollars to a 401(k) plan.
Voluntary Post-Tax Benefits:
Group Life Insurance:
- Personal Accident – Up to $1.5 million for lawyer, dependent coverage subject to limitations.
- Supplemental Long-Term Disability – a portable individual policy offered to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who apply for coverage while in the U.S.
Firm-paid coverage of three times base annual salary; may obtain additional and dependent coverage.
Firm-paid insurance covers 50 percent of base monthly earnings subject to a maximum.
Business Travel Insurance:
Coverage up to $1.5 million, which includes medical evacuation and/or repatriation.
Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement:
Reimbursement of covered expenses incurred as a direct result of identity fraud, subject to limitations.
S&C provides assistance to its lawyers who will require sponsorship for a work visa.
- Up to eighteen weeks of Maternity Leave with full salary following childbirth
- Up to eighteen weeks of Adoption Leave with full salary for primary caregivers
- Up to four weeks of Paternity/Other Caregiver Leave with full salary for prospective fathers or lawyers whose same-sex domestic partner is expecting to give birth
- Same-sex domestic partner benefits
- After one year of service, eligibility for reimbursement of $7,500 of adoptionrelated expenses, including travel
- Flexible work arrangements
- Back-up child care center and child care referral service (NY, DC and Palo Alto)
Please Note: All benefits are subject to change.
- Vacation – Four weeks
- Floating Holidays – 3 days
- Bar exam-related expenses
- Lawyer licensing expenses and bar association dues (up to two)
- Matching law school gifts
- Health Club Reimbursement