Impact on Hedge and Private Equity Funds
While most of the bill is targeted at the financial services industry, many provisions of the proposed legislation are particularly relevant to the operations and management of hedge funds and private equity funds.
- CFTC Adopts Final Rule Amendments Regarding Registration and Reporting Requirements for CPOs and CTAs and Issues Regulatory Harmonization Proposal (S&C memo, February 22, 2012)
- SEC Adopts Rules Under the Dodd-Frank Act Implementing Amendments to the Investment Advisers Act and Extends Deadline for Compliance (S&C memo, June 30, 2011)
- SEC May Postpone until the First Quarter of 2012 the Dodd-Frank Requirements Applicable to Private Fund Advisers and Mid-Sized Advisers (S&C memo, April 11, 2011)
- SEC and CFTC Jointly Propose Form PF to Implement Dodd-Frank Reporting Requirements for Advisers to Certain Private Funds; SEC Releases Study on Enhancing Investment Adviser Examinations (S&C memo, February 3, 2011)
- SEC Proposes Rules to Implement Dodd-Frank Act Registration Requirements for Advisers to Private Funds; Registration Exemptions for Venture Capital Funds, Certain Private Fund Advisers and Foreign Private Advisers; and Reporting Requirements for Registered Advisers and Certain Exempted Advisers (S&C memo, November 24, 2010)
- SEC Proposes Rule Defining “Family Offices” That Are Exempt from Regulation Under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (S&C memo, October 15, 2010)
- Implications of Financial Services Reform for the Commercial Real Estate Professional (S&C memo, July 28, 2010)
- Implications of Financial Services Reform for Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds: Congress Has Adopted Sweeping Financial Reform that Will Impose New Regulations and Requirements on Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds (S&C memo, July 19, 2010)
Sending an e-mail through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not send us any information through this website that you would want treated confidentially.