Krystian Czerniecki joined Sullivan & Cromwell in 1995 and has been a partner in the Firm’s General Practice Group since 2004. He is based in Frankfurt and also has experience working in the Firm's Paris office. His languages include German, French and Portuguese.
Mr. Czerniecki’s practice is focused on capital markets transactions by non-U.S. issuers, including IPOs, rights offerings, and investment grade, hybrid and high-yield debt offerings, whether registered under the Securities Act or exempt from registration pursuant to Rule 144A or Regulation S.
Mr. Czerniecki also advises on mergers and acquisitions, including cross border tender offers and going private transactions, as well as on joint ventures.
In addition to his transactional practice, Mr. Czerniecki regularly advises SEC registrants on U.S. securities and corporate governance requirements and investment banking clients on securities trading matters.
Mr. Czerniecki has received recognition for his work by:
- Chambers Europe (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Chambers Global (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- IFLR (2011, 2012, 2013)
- European Legal Experts (2010)
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSIn Germany, Mr. Czerniecki’s experience includes advising:
- Deutsche Annington Immobilien on its €545 million initial public offering by way of a bookbuilt offering and placement of shares
- Evonik Industries AG on its €2 billion initial public offering by way of a bookbuilt offering and placement of shares
- ProSiebenSat.1 on its Frankfurt and Luxembourg listings and subsequent capital increase
- KfW, Rentenbank and FMS Wertmanagement on numerous SEC-registered debt offerings
- Daimler on its inaugural and subsequent Rule 144A debt offerings
- Novaled on its SEC-registered IPO (withdrawn) and trade sale
- The underwriters on IPOs and rights offerings by Q-Cells, Draeger, Deutsche Postbank, Tognum, Merck and Symrise
- Deutsche Wohnen on its €3.6 billion public takeover of GSW Immobilien
- TOTAL in numerous SEC-registered offerings of debt securities
- EDF in various Rule 144A offerings of senior notes and hybrid securities
- The underwriters on GazTransport & Technigaz’s €614 million initial public offering
- The underwriters in Tarkett’s €460 million initial public offering
- The underwriters on CFAO’s €926 million initial public offering (the largest French IPO in 2009)
- The underwriters on AXA’s €2 billion rights offering
- American Express on its joint venture with vente-privee.com