Krystian Czerniecki is a partner in the Firm’s General Practice Group. He is based in the Frankfurt office and also has experience working in the Firm's Paris office. He is fluent in German and French.
Mr. Czerniecki’s practice is focused on capital markets transactions by non-U.S. issuers, including IPOs, rights offerings, and investment grade, hybrid and high-yield debt offerings (both SEC registered and unregistered).
Mr. Czerniecki also advises on mergers and acquisitions, including cross border tender offers and going private transactions, as well as on joint ventures.
In addition to his transactional practice, Mr. Czerniecki regularly advises SEC registrants on U.S. securities and corporate governance requirements and investment banking clients on securities trading matters.
Mr. Czerniecki has received recognition for his work by:
- Chambers Europe (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Chambers Global (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- IFLR1000 (2011, 2012, 2013)
- European Legal Experts (2010)
SELECTED REPRESENTATIONSIn Germany, Mr. Czerniecki recently advised Rocket Internet on its IPO and the banks on the IPO of Zalando and Tele Columbus. Selected other German experience includes advising:
- TLG Immobilien on its IPO
- Deutsche Annington in connection with its €575 million IPO, and recently on its public exchange offer to all shareholders of GAGFAH SA for $10.7 billion
- Evonik on its €2 billion initial public offering
- Novaled on its SEC-registered IPO (withdrawn) and trade sale
- ProSiebenSat.1 on its Frankfurt and Luxembourg listings and subsequent capital increase
- Bayer, Daimler, KfW, Rentenbank and FMS Wertmanagement on numerous Rule 144A and SEC-registered debt offerings
- The underwriters on IPOs and rights offerings by Q-Cells, Draeger, Deutsche Postbank, Tognum, Merck and Symrise
- Deutsche Wohnen on its €3.6 billion public takeover of GSW Immobilien
- The sale by Hellman & Friedman of its interest in GTT via an accelerated bookbuilt offer
- CFAO’s €926 million initial public offering (the largest French IPO in 2009)
- AXA’s €2 billion rights offering in 2009
- Numerous SEC-registered offerings of debt securities by TOTAL (2008-2014)
- Various Rule 144A offerings of senior notes and hybrid securities by EDF (2009-2014)
- The joint venture of American Express with vente-privee.com