Dr. Wolfgang Feuring is managing partner of Sullivan & Cromwell’s Frankfurt office and coordinator of the European offices of Sullivan & Cromwell. He is widely recognised as one of the leading corporate and capital markets lawyers in Germany.
Before joining Sullivan & Cromwell in 2001, Dr. Feuring was a partner of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and predecessor firms since January 1, 1992, where he advised industrial companies and financial institutions on international mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, development of new capital markets products and general corporate law questions.
After being admitted to the bar in 1981, Dr. Feuring worked in the business sector through 1991, first as assistant to the chairman of a German industrial group and then in the legal department of Deutsche Bank AG where he advised on equity and debt products and M&A transactions.
Mr. Feuring has wide-ranging experience of capital markets work, representing issuers, underwriters and selling shareholders. His experience includes:
- IPOs: advising the underwriters on many of the largest and most significant IPOs in Germany including advising the underwriters on: Tognum (2007); Symrise, Wacker Chemie, Demag Cranes and Klöckner & Co. (all 2006); Wincor Nixdorf and Deutsche Postbank (2004); Jenoptik (1998); Deutsche Börse (2001); Fraport (2001) and PATRIZIA Immobilien (2006)
- Rights Issues: advising the underwriters on various transactions including the €11 billion Commerzbank recapitalisation (2011)
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised on the acquisition of Dresdner Bank by Commerzbank
- Advised on the acquisition of Winterthur by AXA
- Advised RHJ International in its attempt to acquire IKB Deutsche Industriebank
- Advised on the German legal aspects of the combination of Sanofi and Aventis
- Advised the tenants in their participation as investors in the sale of Tank & Rast AG to a group of private equity investors
- Advised the Messer Family in connection with the sale of Messer-Griesheim GmbH to a group of private equity investors
- Represented InBev in the sale of its stake in Bremer Erfrischungsgetränke to Coca-Cola
- Advised on the sale of Nienburger Glas GmbH, a subsidiary of Beck’s and Co.
- Advised on the sale of Gardena Holding AG to a private equity investor
- Advised on the merger of Rhône-Poulenc and Hoechst to form Aventis
Rankings and Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in Germany: Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2002-2003, 2003, 2004-2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- PLC Cross-border Finance: Secured Lending Handbook (2006, 2006-07, 2007-08)
- PLC Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions Handbook (2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008–2009)
- PLC Cross-border Capital Markets Handbook (2009)
- PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2003-2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011)
- PLC Global Counsel Equity Capital Markets Handbook (2004-2005)
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Banking Lawyers (2003, 2005)
- Euromoney’s European Legal Experts (2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010)
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Capital Markets Lawyers (2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009)
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers (2006, 2009)
- The International Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers (2006, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany