Rita O’Neill is a partner in the General Practice Group and has a broad-based practice that includes advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and leveraged finance transactions, and providing general corporate advice on disclosure and governance. She has advised clients in a wide range of industries, including telecommunications, semiconductors, financial institutions, apparel, transportation, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
Rankings and Recognitions
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States in 2014 for Private Equity Buyouts and Capital Markets: equity offerings - advice to issuers and managers.
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by IFLR1000 2014.
- Recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal in 2014 as one of the "Women Making a Difference" in Los Angeles.
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Southern California Super Lawyers in 2014.
- Named among the Daily Journal’s Top Women Lawyers of 2013. The list recognizes women lawyers in California who are at the top of their practice
Professional Activities and Community Involvement
- Various pro bono matters including the representation of The Valor Academy, a charter school in North Hollywood, California, in its corporate formation, governance and application to the Internal Revenue Service for tax-exempt status
- Versa Capital Management, LLC in connection with the acquisition of Sport Chalet, Inc. by Vestis Retail Group, which is owned by funds advised by Versa; Versa (formerly known as Chrysalis Capital Partners) and Lubert-Adler in their acquisition of Central Parking; and Versa in the sale of Central Parking to Standard Parking
- Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its acquisition by Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Ares Management LLC and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in their acquisition of CPG International Inc. by their affiliated funds
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of SeaCube Container Leasing Ltd
- Billabong in its sale of a 51.5% interest in Nixon to an investor group including Trilantic Capital Partners and senior management of Nixon
- the underwriters in an offering by City National Corporation of depositary shares representing preferred stock and the initial purchasers in an offering by City National Bank of subordinated debt
- the underwriters in the initial public offering and follow-on offering of Oaktree Capital Management
- AT&T in its proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom and its completed acquisition of Centennial Communications
- the financial advisers in the acquisition of Citadel Broadcasting by Cumulus Media
- CVC Capital Partners in its 2010 sale of a 42.5% stake in Univar to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Univar in its proposed initial public offering, which was postponed in favor of the sale to CD&R
- NXP B.V. in its disposition of its television systems and set-top box business lines to Trident Microsystems, its strategic alliance with Virage Logic Corporation, its acquisition of GloNav, Inc. and its acquisition of certain assets of Conexant Systems, Inc.
- Hynix Semiconductors in its acquisition from Micron Technology of the remaining interests in their China-based joint venture, Hynix-Numonyx Semiconductor
- the underwriters in the initial public offering and follow-on offerings of PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust
- Collective Brands (formerly known as Payless ShoeSource) in its acquisition of The Stride Rite Corporation
- Angiotech Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of American Medical Instruments and its entry into a secured term loan and revolving credit facility
- both lenders and borrowers with respect to the entry into and ongoing compliance with acquisition and working capital credit facilities