Mark Welshimer is the deputy managing partner of the Firm’s Financial Institutions Group, a member of its Corporate Finance Group and the coordinator of its Structured Finance Group. Mr. Welshimer’s practice focuses on capital markets activities and structured financings, with a particular focus on new products, and bank regulatory advice. He has represented most of the nation’s largest financial institutions, or their underwriters, in capital-raising transactions and, during the recent period, along with other members of the Firm’s Financial Institutions Group, has been deeply involved in advising clients with respect to bank regulatory reform.
Mr. Welshimer was one of the founding members of S&C’s securitization practice and represented issuers or underwriters in a number of “first-time” transactions, including the first public automobile loan securitization, the first public commercial real estate loan securitization, the first funded C&I loan securitization and the first public good bank/bad bank transaction. He has extensive experience representing financial institutions more generally in commercial transactions and regulatory matters.
Mr. Welshimer was recognized as a 2007 “Dealmaker of the Year” by The American Lawyer for his representation of major financial institutions in their capital-raising efforts. He has also been recognized as a leading lawyer in numerous other publications.
Rankings and Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America (2007-2013)
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2008-2012)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2007-2012)
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Banking Lawyers (2005, 2007, 2009)
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers – Best of the Best (Banking, 2010)
- Guide to the World’s Leading Structured Finance Lawyers (2003, 2007)
- Guide to the World’s Leading Capital Markets Lawyers (2003)
- IFLR1000 (2011, 2012)
- The International Who’s Who of Banking Lawyers (2005, 2006, 2009-2012)
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers (2002-2006)
- The International Who’s Who of Securitisation Lawyers (2001)
- Lawdragon 3000: Leading Lawyers in America (2009-2010)
- The Legal 500, United States, Volume 1 (2007, 2009, 2011)
- New York Super Lawyers (2008-2013)