Darrell S. CafassoPartner
Darrell S. Cafasso is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Group. He represents leading global companies and financial institutions in complex commercial litigation in the areas of securities law, ERISA, employment disputes, consumer financial products and contracts. He also represents prominent corporations and individuals in regulatory and criminal investigations, including before the DOJ, SEC, and New York State Attorney General. He has participated in numerous litigations and investigations arising out of the recent financial crisis.
Mr. Cafasso has represented such clients as Banco Popular de Puerto Rico, Barclays Bank plc, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase and Moody’s Corporation in high-profile litigations involving securities, derivatives and other financial products.
- Serves as national coordinating counsel for JPMorgan Chase for dozens of actions relating to residential mortgage-backed securities issued by JPMorgan Chase, Bear Stearns and Washington Mutual.
- Represented Moody’s Corporation and officers and directors of Moody’s in shareholder class actions and derivative litigation concerning the Company’s ratings of structured finance products.
- Represented Diageo plc in a RICO action brought by the Republic of Colombia claiming an alleged money laundering and smuggling scheme.
- Represented Barclays Bank plc in employment litigations brought by former Lehman Brothers employees seeking to hold Barclays liable on their Lehman employment contracts.
- Represented Popular, Inc. and officers and directors of Popular in ERISA, shareholder derivative and securities class actions arising out of the Company’s accounting for deferred tax assets.
- Represented prominent hedge fund in several SEC investigations.