S&C has a depth of experience with infrastructure development, ranging from some of the largest projects in the world to small but complex regional toll roads and bridges. We act for sponsors, lenders and some of the most sophisticated infrastructure investors in the market today. This gives us the perspective and flexibility to assist clients to design a successful project structure, and to tap financing sources that will help meet client objectives.
Recent and Ongoing Infrastructure Work
Sullivan & Cromwell is considered a leader in Public-Private Partnership structures for infrastructure. S&C advised on:
- Eurotunnel’s €800 million refinancing: among the largest transport financings in 2008
- Orient Overseas Container Terminal: one of the largest terminal acquisitions and financings to be successfully completed to date, the largest North American port financing in the syndicated loan market, winner of the “North American Deal of the Year” award in 2007 given by Project Finance International and winner of the “North American Acquisition Deal of the Year” award in 2007 given by Project Finance
- New York Giants $1.6 billion Meadowlands football stadium monoline-wrapped financing: the first 100% privately financed stadium of its size and scope, with the largest total initial borrowings ever in the sports industry and winner of the “North American Leisure Deal of the Year” in 2007 given by Project Finance
- Carrix, Inc.: a significant equity investment by Goldman Sachs Infrastructure Partners in Carrix, Inc., the largest U.S.-owned, privately held marine terminal operator in the world
- Intersur toll roads: the largest infrastructure project to close in 2007 in Peru and winner of the “Project Finance Deal of the Year” for 2007 given by Latin Lawyer
- Abertis leveraged acquisition of SANEF (France): the largest infrastructure deal to close in 2006
S&C is consistently ranked by independent league tables and surveys as being among the leading law firms for project or program financing for large-scale infrastructure. Recent third-party recognitions and rankings of S&C include:
- #1 in North American transport financings in 2007 (Infrastructure Journal Projects Database)
- #1 for U.S. firms (#2 overall) in the “Top Transport Legal Adviser” category (1H 2007 Global Project Finance League Tables)
- tied for #1 in Latin American transport financings to date in 2007 (Infrastructure Journal Projects Database)
- #2 in Transport Financings globally (Infrastructure Journal League Tables Half Year 2006)
- #2 in Western European Infrastructure Financings (Infrastructure Journal League Tables Half Year 2006)
Sending an e-mail through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not send us any information through this website that you would want treated confidentially.